gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: how to start with gumpy
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:34:51 GMT
Stefano wrote:

> I want to start using gumpy for our project at MIT.

Nice.

> Is there an howto to start?

This getting started is valid

    http://gump.apache.org/gettingstarted.html

and this on top is close (although the GUI stuff isn't necessary):

    http://gump.apache.org/python/usage.html

I think Sam was right, the best thing to do is start with
minimal-workspace.xml and get a build for ant going, that way you don't have
to mess with packages (can be a real pain) and you don't have to figure out
metadata for your own repository/modules/projects.

I'd do a preview of that before any tweaks.

    cd $GUMP/python
    export PYTHONPATH=`pwd`
    python gump/preview.py -w ../minimal-workspace.xml ant (perhaps
with --verbose)

also try gump/update and/or gump/build.py (both write to screen not HTML)

once done, I'd try a gump/integrate.py which ought write HTML pages to the
log directory. [Once done with this I'd say run gumpy.sh, which ought do the
integrate (plus update Gump from CVS, etc.).]

Also, the BrutusConfig page is probably a great (very detailed) walk through
if you need to set up everything from scratch -- although I'd need to double
check the 'check.py' script, right now, (since it might need a tweak.)

    http://wiki.apache.org/gump/BrutusConfig

Please let us have your feedback as you make progress.

regards

Adam