gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xmlbeans-v1-test
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 06:04:05 GMT
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Kevin Krouse <kkrouse@bea.com> wrote:

> I'd like to add a 'test' project that depends on the xml-xmlbeans'
> build and which runs the ant target 'drt' in
> xml-xmlbeans/v1/build.xml.

Sounds straight forward.  You need to get your dependencies correct,
though.  Without taking care of any dependencies this would be
something like

  <project name="xml-xmlbeans-v1-test">
    <ant basedir="v1" target="drt"/>
    <depend project="ant"/>
    <depend project="xml-xerces"/>
    <depend project="xml-xmlbeans-v1"/>
  </project>

in project/xml-xmlbeans.xml in Gump's CVS module.  It will probably
need additional dependencies on JUnit and maybe other stuff as well.

> Robert Donkin suggested I post here and ask for gump karma

You already have it, if you have commit access to any Apache module,
nothing special needs to be done.

Go ahead and change the descriptor and then run ant verify in the top
level dir.  If you've made any big mistakes, this should tell you.
There are some errors currently, so if you see

gen:
     [java] Dropping project cocoon-block-mail because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
"commons-beanutils" not found processing project cocoon-block-scratchpad
     [java] Dropping project jakarta-jmeter-20-test because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
A jar with id "none" was not found in project "jakarta-jmeter-20-test" referenced by project
jakarta-jmeter-20-cvs
     [java] Dropping project jakarta-tapestry because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
"commons-beanutils" not found processing project jakarta-tapestry

this is not related to your change.

When in doubt, ask.  Otherwise, go ahead and commit our changes.

Cheers

        Stefan

--
http://stefanbodewig.blogger.de/