gump-general mailing list archives

From Michael Davey <Michael.Da...@coderage.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] retire java gump
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:12:55 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> they could easily be hosted offshore with traditional gump but unless
> some people step up and make the offshore builds happen, they won't.
> for me, this is the major obstacle and is independent of the decision
> to officially stop development of traditional gump.

I believe that individual administrators should be able to choose
whether to allow downloading of the results from a gump build on a
case-by-case basis and therefore that Python Gump should provide a
mechanism to enable this.  However, I strongly believe that Gump should
remain a continuous integration tool and not try to become many things
to many people.

How about if Python Gump had an option (in a configuration file: on|off)
to give the results of the build to a repository tool such as Apache
Depot).  This means that Depot gets to do all the hard work, all we have
to do is work with the Depot guys to define the interface.  Hmm, I think
i've seen some of the Depot guys hang out here occasionally. ;)

--
Michael