gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: commons-compress - Gump/Maven issues?
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:38:14 GMT
On Tuesday 22 June 2004 00:32, Eric Pugh wrote:
> I don't know what extent you want to push back on the projects that gump
> builds, but it seems to me that they are either doing something that pushes
> maven beyond it's limits, or the decriptor might be out of date.
>
> I checked out jakarta-commons-sandbox/compress to investigate furthur, but
> I don't see this descriptor property you are talking about..  Could you
> enlightenme on this?

I am guessing wildly, so don't pay to much attention to me :o)

The question is, does Maven fully support disabling the normal 'repository
management' allowing Gump to provide the artifacts for each project?
Can Maven be told to ignore versions in the POMs ?
I have so many questions about the Gump/Maven interaction, and it seems that
the main Gump folks have little clue about Maven and vice versa. Maybe this
has improved over the last few weeks, and I have just missed it.

Well, I don't know...
Could you (Eric or someone from the Maven camp) explain what 'hooks' has been
provided for Gump?

Cheers
Niclas
--