gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [Gump Wiki] Updated: ArtefactsRepository
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 04:51:58 GMT
On Wednesday 09 June 2004 06:20, Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> Isn't it an Artifact instead of Artefact ? (if both are correct
> disregard this mail :)

It is one of those US vs UK spelling. I couldn't care much, as long as it is
consistent, i.e. if ASF went ahead and said ; "US English across the board",
it would just be a matter of everyone keeping an eye on each other and step
in if there is a 'error'.
Now it is more like, "Ok, both are correct when I read it, so never mind.",
but that soon propagates into code and formal syntax in which case it is no
longer the same thing.
Maven uses Artifact, and I would ferak if the Gump descriptor would use
Artefact.

Nothing much, and as Leo said, that can be hard to change.

Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /