gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Mailing lists
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:26:19 GMT
I was wondering if we have enough traffic on this list to warrant a split to
multiple lists.

I've heard folks complain about traffic, and there are times it really
flurries. I worry that 'user' requests don't get the wide audience they
deserve due to overload w/ RTs & development ideas.

I can think of three use cases (1) developing Gump [RTs and more] (2)
working with the Gump service [hey, I got nagged, what is this?] (3)
Personal Gumps.

I know there are pros and cons to having multiple lists, but I think we've
reached a point where one list if overload. Perhaps the latter two are best
served by one, for now. I don't know if it is worth renaming general@ to be
dev@, I suspect not.

As such, I think we ought add users@gump.apache.org. Thoughts?

BTW: Do we know how many addresses are subscribed to general, how many are
moderated in, and so forth? Just curious.

regards,

Adam
--
Experience the Unwired Enterprise: