gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: commons-compress - Gump/Maven issues?
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:03:56 GMT

> The question is, does Maven fully support disabling the normal 'repository
> management' allowing Gump to provide the artifacts for each project?

Theoretically yes, but I think Stefan has disproved that it isn't
leak-proof.

> Can Maven be told to ignore versions in the POMs ?

Yes.

> I have so many questions about the Gump/Maven interaction, and it seems
that
> the main Gump folks have little clue about Maven and vice versa. Maybe
this
> has improved over the last few weeks, and I have just missed it.

I don't know how Maven works internally, but this is what I can tell you
about the Gump/Maven interaction works at the calling interface:

    http://gump.apache.org/metadata/maven.html

What I didn't add there (but ought) is that Gump generates the
build.properties file (setting properties & these artifact overrides) before
launching Maven. This file (and the others) are listed by Gump:

http://brutus.apache.org:8080/gump/jakarta-commons-sandbox/commons-compress/index.html#Project-level+Files

regards,

Adam