gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: legalities of jar publishing
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:49:05 GMT

> One of the questions that haven't really been answered/resolved by the
> board (IIRC) is whether automated snapshots are considered releases.

This is really a big deal (for me & probably others).

> If so, you can forget the whole business of nightly builds being
> distributed from ASF hardware - no matter whether they've been built
> by Gump or any other mechanism - since even those nightly builds would
> require active PMC approval.  Each nightly build.

Yup. That would be a lot of impact on developers/development. I sure hope
not! But, I guess we need to bite the bullet and initiate a conversation
(somewhere general, or with the board) on this matter. If we made it clear
(in the jar name, in the manifest?) that these were nightly builds and not
releases, I'd sure hope we could redistribute.

> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Leo Simons <lsimons@jicarilla.org> wrote:
>
> > Python gump does generate the jar repository, and publishing it is a
> > rather trivial task (see
> > http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GUMP-67). The issue is not
> > technical.
>
> I agree.

Oops, I missed this, I see you know. I assume it is being (and ought be) sat
upon until we resolve the legality.

regards,

Adam