gump-general mailing list archives

From "Sebastian Bazley" <s...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] retire java gump
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:49:39 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam R. B. Jack" <ajack@trysybase.com>
To: "Gump code and data" <general@gump.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] retire java gump

> Sebastian,
>
> Any follow-up? I'd like to find a way to ensure/clarify that you aren't
> a -1.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The -1 was primarily intended to ensure that there would be continuing
access to redistributable build outputs, which none of the Python Gump
installations seem to offer at present. I'm not a -1 once that has been
addressed; I just want to ensure continuity.

It would also be nice if the following java Gump features were included in
the Python version:
- regex nags
- continuous log output (I see this is being worked on)
but neither of these is critical enough for a -1.

My -0 was partly about diversity - different ways of building may throw up
different compatibility issues - and partly about what happens to the java
Gumps when the metadata changes and they stop producing much/any useful
output.
Again, these are not critical enough to warrant a -1.

Hope that clarifies my position - if not, please ask.

Sebastian