gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Stray nags (was:Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Retire Java Gump)
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:55:36 GMT
> Sorry for not understanding how nagging works, and perhaps the intent
already
> exists, but shouldn't a Gump instance have a "Concern Area", i.e. "Nag
> projects that have 'these' domains in the nag-address" ? And by default
only
> use the domain-name on the host it is running.

Nagging works for public Gumps, where projects get told about failures, but
this doesn't work so well for private Gumps (that Gump the external projects
they use) when the nag addresses are overridden at the workspace level.
Basically my team keep getting nagged about a XALAN failure we can do
nothing about.

Perhaps put some of your thoughts into JIRA, and we can come up with a
solution.

regards,

Adam