gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: changes to commons-beanutils distribution strategy
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 07:46:24 GMT
On Sun, 23 May 2004, robert burrell donkin <rdonkin@apache.org> wrote:

> i think it best to split the beanutils project into two (one for
> core, the other for bean-collections).

Sounds reasonable.

> i don't think that any other projects depend on the code in
> bean-collections so the dependencies can be updated to just the
> core.

We should try this and adapt the descriptors if we find projects that
really need bean-collections.  In this case it's not unlikely that
we'll need to notify the projects since they may be expecting a single
jar that contains the whole of collections (a lot of builds copy jars
around).

Stefan