gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven/Gump & Artefact/Jar Identifiers
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 09:20:07 GMT
On Mon, 10 May 2004, Adam R. B. Jack <ajack@trysybase.com> wrote:

> I think we bite the bullet and change our id's to be artefact ids
> (changing metadata as we need). Any thoughts?

Is there a 1:1 mapping of Maven artefacts to <jar>s?

If so, just go ahead and change the ids - and make sure you patch all
descriptors that refer to them ;-)

I don't think that there is any artefact id for ant-testutil.jar for
example, but that wouldn't be a problem if nobody used it.

Are there any cases of Maven artefact ids that don't have a
corresponding <jar> or where a single artefact is represented by
multiple jars (Ant's old optional.jar may be such a problem case).

Stefan