gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: gump/project depot.xml
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 07:37:37 GMT
On Mon, 3 May 2004, Adam R. B. Jack <ajack@trysybase.com> wrote:

> It is intended to run in three different environments, over VFS,
> over HttpClient, and without either (over JDK java.net.Url). I would
> like to use Gump's fresh/clean environments to do this.
>
> My thinking is that if I set VFS [and HttpClient] as runtime
> dependencies (runtime="true") of Depot Update then I can do:
>
> 1) For VFS:
>     <depend name="depot-update" inherit="runtime" />
>
> 2) For HttpClient:
>     <depend name="depot-update" />
>     <depend name="commons-httpclient" inherit="runtime" />
>
> 3) For JDK:
>     <depend name="depot-update" />
>
> Based upon Gump's logic with dependencies, ought these above work?

Only if httpclient is not a declared runtime dependency of
depot-update since 1) would get VFS and httpclient otherwise.

But are you sure that you want to use runtime dependencies inside
depot-update to control what you use in an upstream test?  I'd prefer
to spell out the dependencies explicitly.

Stefan