gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bordet, Simone" <simone.bor...@hp.com>
Subject RE: [Mx4j-devel] MX4J and Gump (and another log4j deprecation effect)
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 07:23:54 GMT
Hi Adam,

> I don't know if you are aware of Apache Gump, but it is a
> continuous integration tool. See:
>
>    http://gump.apache.org

Yes, we know gump.

>From time to time we get an email similar to this one, and we try to promptly fix the
build.

Last time was Axis (they reintroduced the API as deprecated), this time seems Log4J.

I am in a busy period now, but I'll try to get the build going as soon as I can, running against
the latest stable Log4J (which I thought we were already doing, against 1.2.8 if I remember
well).

The only thing I'd prefer to avoid is to make our build running against the latest CVS (which
are usually unstable), since this is gump's job.

If Log4J removed deprecated API, fine for all, but I'd prefer to wait for a stable release
of Log4J before modifying MX4J's build.
If you think there is a better approach, please let me know.

Thanks !

Regards,

Simon