gump-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: Maven/Gump & Artefact/Jar Identifiers
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 23:00:49 GMT
Adam,

I think artifact ID = jar ID, as the resultant filename in a repository is
always artifactId-version.jar

Whether the artifact ID or jar ID gets changed is probably on a project by
project basis.

I'm not entirely convinced myself though, and it would be worth getting an
opinion on maven-dev.

Cheers,
Brett

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-commons-sandbox/commons-id/inde
x.html

[please forgive the wrap bug] The salient lines are below:

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-commons-sandbox/commons-id/gump
_file/commons-id+build.properties.html

# Note 'all' not 'commons-logging':
maven.jar.all=/usr/local/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-commons/logging/dist/
commons-logging.jar
maven.jar.api=/usr/local/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-commons/logging/dist/
commons-logging-api.jar

This page shows the problem quite well:

    http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/gump_xref/output_id_project.html

So, question. Do we try to rename all jar identifiers to match Maven
artefact identifiers (semi-appealing, if there isn't some gotcha) or do we
add a new attribute 'artefactId' to fullfill this role? Any other
thoughts/ideas?

Please let me know if I've not explain the problem well enough.

regards,

Adam
--
Experience the Unwired Enterprise: http://www.sybase.com/unwiredenterprise