gump-general mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Gump integration with Maven
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 12:25:31 GMT

Brett Porter wrote:
>>Yup, I think we need ASF-wide artefact ids (within group
>>ids). I'd like to think the community and/or communities can
>>come to agreement on what the values are, and if that means
>>defaulting to what Maven/Ibiblio already have, then so be it.
>>Consistency is the key more than anything else.
>
> Sounds like a sensible approach.

I think the real challenge is at the project level, projects need to
establish naming consistent with their Umbrella group, this is a real
growing pain at this point, I suspect eventually the entire Jakarta
Commons will need to migrate to
jakarta-commons/jakarta-commons-foo-x.x.ext from commons-foo/foo-x.x.ext
sometime in the near future. But it would probably be good to have the
system consistent before that point and keep such transitions separate.

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer