gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: cron on brutus
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 20:41:24 GMT
> When I've tried to do this in the past, I've always ended up doing
> something like the following:
>
> 30 3,9,12,15,21 * * * sh -c "cd /usr/local/gump/public/gump; /bin/bash
> gumpy.sh >/home/gump/CRON_DID_THIS 2>&1"
>
> I think it is because redirection is a shell function.

I think I've mis-communicated to folks. I'll try this, but my problem is
primarily that we aren't getting Gump run at the assigned times. They used
to work (before I tried putting multiple into a day). Could my abuse of the
machine (sucking way too much up into memory) have messed with cron? Could
cron be hung? Is there a way to debug if cron is trying to run this, or not?

FWIIW: The redirection on the 'cron line' worked to help me find my problem
on Hermes (as I did it) but that is another OS, another implementation. I'll
try this. Hopefully it is just something I changed in the script, or
something.

regards,

Adam