gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Hermes Run (was Re: Missing Documentation)
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 14:31:32 GMT

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Adam R. B. Jack <ajack@trysybase.com> wrote:
>
> > I wonder if it is a onetime anomaly (if so, perhaps resource,
> > perhaps buglet in Python sync) or ongoing (in which case I'll think
> > buglet in Python sync).  I'll try to keep an eye on it. Please keep
> > posting if you see this.
>
> Many of the generated files on hermes are missing after the 2004-05-03
> run.  Nothing for commons-net seems present, "Projects Issues",
> "Projects Fixes" are missing, "Modules All" and so on.  No system I
> could identify.

At first I thought this was another failure to synchronize. I copied over
the staging area, but that didn't find these missing pages. I looked in the
forrest.txt (forrest output) but nothing jumped out at me. Sadly the work
area seems gone, as wiped (or the template copied over). Hmm.

I am going to run some test builds on there, in debug mode, and see if I can
spot anything. I'll run up to, and including, commons-net, so make them
shorter. [Hmm, the "tail -f" I am running on python/out.txt keeps exiting
despite the file still existing, and still being written to. Any thoughts on
that?]

I can't wait until we can get a forrest webapp on these machines, and stop
running forrest in batch mode. Not only will it dramatically reduce the
build time, it'll also simplify the process & be easier to debug. FWIIW: It
works nicely on Nick's machine (on an older forrest). I believe Nicola is
working to get this for new forrest, and I look forward to having that
installed on Brutus/Hermes.

regards,

Adam