gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: gump/project depot.xml
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 13:44:42 GMT
> does your project need httpclient at runtime?  runtime="true".
>
> Will the build process for your project "run" httpclient?
> inherit="runtime"

Thanks, nice and simple.

Since I've raised this, here is what I'm trying to do. I have some code that
I wish to test continually on Gump. It is intended to run in three different
environments, over VFS, over HttpClient, and without either (over JDK
java.net.Url). I would like to use Gump's fresh/clean environments to do
this.

My thinking is that if I set VFS [and HttpClient] as runtime dependencies
(runtime="true") of Depot Update then I can do:

1) For VFS:
    <depend name="depot-update" inherit="runtime" />

2) For HttpClient:
    <depend name="depot-update" />
    <depend name="commons-httpclient" inherit="runtime" />

3) For JDK:
    <depend name="depot-update" />

Based upon Gump's logic with dependencies, ought these above work?

BTW: If anybody is curious, the three are
depot-update-ant-sample-[vfs|httpclient|jdk]. [The version environment scan
does more (visibly) than the real test right now] :

    http://gump.chalko.com:8080/gump-forrest/depot/index.html#All+Projects

regards

Adam