gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Gump Repository (was [collections] new snapshot to ibiblio)
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 18:28:10 GMT
"Stephen McConnell" <mcconnell@apache.org> wrote:

> > http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/repolist.txt
> >
> > Right now (without metadata changes for Gump, but I know they are going
> > be needed) we have projectName (not moduleName) = groupId, jar ID =
> > artefactId. This works ok for many, I believe.
>
> Of the 97 Avalon related projects i9n Gump almost all produce artifacts
> where the current projectName != groupId.  The jar ID and artifactId are
> however largely consistent.

Thanks for the review, I kinda expected to have to add a groupId to the
metadata, probably at the module level (that can be overridden at the
project level, if needed). I haven't thought about it enough to propose
anything yet though (and was kinda hoping to combine it with <jar repository
information, for the product, to kill a few birds at once. I've done some
work to match a jar repository like a CVS or SVN one.)

BTW: Would moduleName have been a better match for groupId than projectName?
I could default the above to one of these two.

regards

Adam