gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Gump Repository (was [collections] new snapshot to ibiblio)
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 16:55:11 GMT
> Definity seeing the contents of this would help me make more informed
> recommendations concerning the repository structure. I can live without
> the MD5's at the moment

Actually, I find it was configured to be not public (i.e. not under the HTTP
path).

I've done a find -print to here:

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/repolist.txt

Right now (without metadata changes for Gump, but I know they are going to
be needed) we have projectName (not moduleName) = groupId, jar ID =
artefactId. This works ok for many, I believe.

FWIIW: This is modelled more after Maven-style than ASF style right now.
Also, we are (here) respecting <redistributable (so things are not present).

    http://gump.apache.org/metadata/project.html#redistributable

My intention/hope is to use a tool (e.g. Depot) to publish these to an
ASF-style repository, with MD5s, and have a complete list (even if somehow
private/locked-down from redistribution).

regards,

Adam