gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Fw: [GUMP@brutus]: jakarta-commons/commons-logging failed
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 21:23:13 GMT
> We build Log4J's 1.2 branch as well, not sure whether it would be a
> good idea to use that, though.

There is a patch sitting in Bugzilla waiting to be applied by a
commons-logging committer. Since it hasn't been done yet, I see no reason
not to give this a shot (at least for today/tonight).

I'll clone commons-logging to make commons-logging-on-log4j-CVS-HEAD and
allow the former to use log4j-12. We can see what we get & revert this

Hmm .. nice theory, unfortunately they'll both reside in the same directory.
Not so good. For now I'll just change commons-logging (and keep an eye out
for a change). If this approach fails I'll remove the log4j dependency & see
how <option(al) it really is.

regards,

Adam