gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Reworking Notification (aka nagging)
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 19:51:20 GMT

> On Monday 24 May 2004 23:05, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> > "If a tree falls in the forest, and nobody hears it, did it make a
sound"?
> > (Or something like that. ;-)
>
> Isn't that quote somewhat relevant to the "All batched up..." mails as
well?
> I.e. Shouldn't their communities be listening?

In Gump's perfect world "yes". Unfortunately some of those communities are
off Apache & it isn't for us to bug them (and in one case I know of there is
'history' [before my time], and they've asked not to be nagged.) Since Gump
would rather build projects, than use packaged versions, we still Gump the
project.

That said ... you've got a good point. I think some of those are oversights,
little 'add on' projects (to drag in a jar, rather than package) and the
cut-n-paste template folks used (IMHO) just forgot <nag. We really ought go
round fixing those, to nag the responsible party.

BTW: With Gumpy we have the ability to set <nag at the module level, not
just the project level, so we could attempt to just move the <nag XML
elements up an element.

regards,

Adam