gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: status blogging
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:37:43 GMT
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> I know Leo has found some ways to build WWW applications in Python that he
> is interested in.

yeah, sams weblog package and ViewSVN :-D. Zope is something I totally
don't understand on looking a little closer, for example. I mean,
there's a ***class*** named Interface! I am a big turd when it comes to
python. I can write like 3 lines of code in one go and then things start
breaking.

I would just love to see how Sam sets this up.

>>and agree to not worry
>>about Windows initially

windows? What is windows?

>>and get a clean CSS-based skin for gump pages,
>
> I assume (hope) we are NOT talking a forrest skin, just a simple look in
> HTML, right? I agree that would be something welcomed. Keeping it simple is
> key. Heck, I'd hapily start with an 'ugly look', rather than fight the
> weight of Forrest, etc. and it's impacts on users.
>
> [ I now see (from feedback) that we *need* Gump to have a cheap/easy
> alternative to Forrest, so that Forrest (which I am determined to keep going
> with for a while) doesn't bring Gump down with it's issues. I just wish it
> were quick/easy, and I'm finding it hard to get motivated for (it is more
> fun to play with SVGs). I guess I just need to be patient here, and plod
> along making progress.]

I like darwinism. Didn't someone volunteer to setup forrest as a webapp?
Not that that worked well for me before, but I don't see why it cannot
be tried or even mixed with python stoof.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons

Component Community -- http://componentplanet.org/