gump-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Generating SVG from Python
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 09:13:47 GMT
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> Anybody see an reason (licensing, other) why we should not use this:
>
>     http://www2.sfk.nl/svg
>
> in Gump?

It does not seem easier to use than simply outputting SVG as text strings.

> I'd like to use it to generate some SVG images. I believe that some browsers
> can render [right term?] them raw (IE just seemed to, albeit slowly), but I
> also believe that Forrest uses Batik to generate PNG (I assume for browser
> portability).

Correct.

It also generates svgs and thus pngs from ASCII files:

   http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html

The source of the image:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/site/incubation/incubation-process.aart?view=markup

> I'd like to start simple (perhaps generate some slider type images to show
> FOG values, etc.) Eventually I'd like to draw some graphs representing
> dependency tress, etc.

For charts I'm getting there. I've finished importing the xml system in
JCharts and I'm now working on integrating it in Forrest :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -