gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: headless java question
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:28:23 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>Is there a small, standalone testcase for proper headless java
>>operations?
>
> Not that I'd have one.  A simple test would probably be something that
> just opens a java.awt.Frame and does nothing else.

Found one:

http://java.quest.com/support/search/JclServerChart/pr/jcl_serverchart_pr_1.html

Simply removing the references go GifEncoder seems to do the trick.

>>At the moment, the process seems to be to blindly installing what
>>people tell me might work, and waiting for a run to complete.
>
> If you install Xvfb with all its dependencies you can be sure that
> everything for AWT is there as well.  It may be too much, though.

No, it is not enough.  I also had to install libxt6 and libxtst6.

Once done, java -Djava.awt.headless=true MyStandaloneExample ran without
complaining.

- Sam Ruby