gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC-VOTE] Bylaws
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:24:36 GMT
I'm uncomfortable with the two places where the bylaws talk about
requiring unanimous votes.  Both talk about the extremely rare case of
removing a committer and/or PMC member.  Particularly in the case of a
rogue committer, swift action may be required.

My concern is that unamimous does not scale to the current "all active
committers who have been around long enough to establish a track record"
approach to defining PMC membership.

 From a board perspective, the chair of the PMC is held accountable to
such decisions.  If such a chair were ever to run amuck, then the board
would simply replace the chair.

- Sam Ruby