gump-general mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Jakarta Commons Gumpification
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 21:55:35 GMT
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>>Hey Bubba,
>>

>;-)
>

>>So I've been reviewing the project.xml files in the Jakarta Commons and
>>I see the gumpRepositoryId tag in them. In some its the projects name in
>>others its just "jakarta". Should this be set to something specific? It
>>seems wierd to have multiple project.xml's with the same gump repository
>>id in them?
>>

>I don't know POM, but from a Gump point of view, I believe the name ought
>reference one of these:
>
>    http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/repositories.html

Yes, it looks like these entries should all be "jakarta" for projects in
the Jakarta Commons then.

>I think the contents of the Gump portions of the POMs might be stale. Folks
>generate the GOM (using maven gump) but then often edit by hand, instead of
>regenerating.
>
>I just sent you a message on commons-dev. Hopefully we'll see you back here.

Yep, theres lots to discuss about this. We could use any pointers you
can supply, I notice we already have a few commons projects getting run
by gump.

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/gump_repo/gump_work/update_jakarta-commons.html

-Mark