gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Indentation
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2004 09:47:56 GMT
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> In Python, indentation is syntactic, and crucial. I'd like some input on how
> we can all work on the source, without confusing each other...
>
> Sam's recent addition to forrest.py uses tabs, and what works & no doubt
> looks good to him, but looks wrong to me (see below). [I've been using
> pyEclipse inside Eclipse and I chose the option to to save tabs as spaces,
> 'cos I felt it disambiguated. I'm guessing I have tab set as 4 spaces
> somewhere, but I'm not sure. I'm game to change that to 8.]

Sam hates tabs with a passion, so if there were any in there, it was
because he was editing the files on a machine where he had neglected to
set up vim properly.  I'll try to be more careful in the future.

My policy is to emulate the number of spaces that I see in the existing
file when I make changes.

- Sam Ruby