gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject gmp
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:48:07 GMT
Nicola,

I like what you are doing with $GUMP_HOME/bin/gmp, it makes the individual
gump scripts more accessible/friendly (and emulates the CVS|SVN-style
interface we both like). I think this is a nice wrapper.

I've removed the logging aspect of it, because it appears to contradict
everything you've told me you like about 'gmp' (it is interactive to
screen). [I think it occurred as a copy from gumpy.py, and wasn't
intentional.] I also removed the exec redirect to a temporary file, so gmp
now writes everything to the screen. It seems to me that if folks want to
write to a file they can redirect gmp.

I've added "--text" to the end of the Gump script command line, and am using
this as the test case for interactive documentation (to the screen). Please
let me know what you think. I believe this suits your needs/wants, or is (at
least) in the right direction.

Let me know what you think. BTW: If you dislike what I did (and -1 the
commit) feel free to rollback. There we two other minor fixes (to do with
checking GUMP_HOME exists, and removing both the -w and the {workspace})
which you'll want.

regards,

Adam
--