gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Avalon Phoenix
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:32:27 GMT
On Tuesday 13 April 2004 15:45, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> > Is it possible/recommendable that Gump calls these targets first,
>
> possible?  Yes and you've already done so IIUC.  This will make a
> non-networked Gump run impossible (but there are several other reasons
> why that wouldn't work) and it makes Gump download those jars every
> night.
>
> I wouldn't recommend it but rather try to build the spice stuff from
> sources, if possible.

Phoenix itself is a deprecated container, as a result of Peter Donald's
ousting and fork. That Phoenix fork is called Loom and is hosted on CodeHaus.
PeterD has also moved his Spice stuff to CodeHaus, and in the process changed
the package names. I am not sure if the old sources are still available at
sourceforge (Spice's old home), and I am more than a little reluctant to
modify Phoenix sources...

Now, what is the right path forward here?
LeoSimons suggests that I stick the JARs into the Phoenix CVS, which seems
like a reasonable and straight forward approach.

Advice is appreciated.

Niclas