gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Gump from the user perspective
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 22:36:05 GMT

> Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> > I'm sold on this approach.
>
> for good reference, I'm not :-D. I am not a UI expert in any way, but
> I'm trying to learn a little atm. I'm game for trying stuff ;)

I think I'm at a point where I want to step back, and see the big picture. I
am *finally* tinkering with my first fun contribution to Gump, and I've been
down in the bowels way too long. I want to step back, to re-evaluate, and I
like this as a way to get a fresh perspective.

> alas, Adam, just go write up that imaginary user instead of fixing that
> bug! I found its real difficult, since gump already has real users and
> you don't want to make any of those feel stereotyped :-D

I don't see why not. Better that, than not directly considered. We've
discuss Gumpmeisters, but where is the Gumpmeister view verses the normal
human view? We don't have a separation, and the current output is a cluster
'cos of that. My thought is that this can't harm.

Anyway, I'm going to be playing with DependencyDiagram for a while.
Re-inventing wheels (no doubt) but having fun. So, tinkering with
implementation not being visionary. :)

regards,

Adam