gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: [FYI] Nicolaken Gumps :-)
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:05:35 GMT
> I'm happy to announce to the worl that I've managed to get Gumpy running
> too :-D

Awesome. And on Microsoft, no less.  :-) Not sure we have any other (recent)
runs there [dims was adhoc, and no other reports I've noted.]

> The minimal-workspace.xml works ok,

Glad you checked that out, I was worred it was stale.

> and now I'll focus on making Gump more useful for me:
> 1 - use cheetah for "xdoc" generation

Don't forget you have the ability to test just that with:

    python gump/test/pyunit.py *Template*

or do builds with --template.

> 2 - make Gump work as Ant by putting it on the path and
>      as SVN with commands like "gmp update" or "gmp build"

Current Gump commandline processing is a pain. It is consistent (across all
scripts) but isn't nice anywhere. We are getting more and more options
(which might want to get defaulted in an <options element inside the
workspace) and don't have a clean/simple command line. Input welcomed.

Glad you are back in the play...

regards,

Adam