gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Improving on gump
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 22:45:08 GMT
> Project A says it needs Project B version 1.5 or better.  So try with
> the latest B... follow the algorithm above - the algorithm is the same
> but the actions are different. Version would just get the Jar, not try
> building from scratch and instead of sending emails, would simply
> back-off to older versions (but always 1.5 or better) and try again.
> The question is, is there a way that Depot and Gump could share an
> implementation of the algorithm, given that at the moment Depot uses
> exclusively Java and Gump is moving to exclusively Python?

My thinking has been to leverage depot-update (the repository artefact
download tool, which uses depot-version) to 'pull' the latest of an artefact
from this (or another) Gump repository. I think this could work for this
case (as well as cascading Gumps). I'm generally working towards that.

regards

Adam