gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] href considered harmful
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 07:43:35 GMT
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Leo Simons <lsimons@jicarilla.org> wrote:

>> No webapp would enable anybody to put a different license on the
>> descriptor, for whatever reason he/she should choose to do so.
>
> do you really think that will actually become an issue?

Not really.  There may be the issue of "ownership", though.  "I don't
want anybody to modify *my* descriptor".  Not in the domts case, but
it could become an issue and maybe even is today.

> Do you think Curt Arnold would object to moving the descriptor, for
> example?

I asked him where he wanted to put it.  Since Curt is no Apache
committer but wanted to be able to maintain it, he decided to put it
on the W3C box.  This issue could be resolved by a webapp or granting
karma to Curt.

Stefan