gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GUMP Early Warning System requires timely fixes
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:57:45 GMT
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:

> What ideas has the GUMP team come up?

Search a bit back for a [RT] thread initiated by Stefano.

We really want to do more than just report that something is broken.
We will need to keep information about "last good builds" so that we
can go back to them and start to replace dependencies from the good
set with last nights versions to identify the culprit.

> Is the plan the aforementioned use of an earlier build combined with
> notification to all downstream users about the build failure?

We haven't gone that far yet.  This should probably happen if the
situation doesn't get fixed fast enough.

Right now the focus has more been on how to identify the dependency
that is responsible for a build failure and less on how to help the
projects that cannot build because of pre-req failures.

We certainly need to address both and backtracking to a known good
state will help with both.

Stefan