gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] href considered harmful
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 07:08:06 GMT
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Leo Simons <lsimons@jicarilla.org> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> There may be the issue of "ownership", though.  "I don't want
>> anybody to modify *my* descriptor".  Not in the domts case, but it
>> could become an issue and maybe even is today.
>
> well, that's an attitude I don't like!

Neither do I, but let's be realistic.  Even inside some Apache
projects you have places with "this is my code/project - ask before
you touch anything" attitudes.

> The gump (and wider open source) community owns gump, and that
> includes its descriptors. Participating in gump is participating in
> that community, according to our rules.
>
> agreed?

Say Gump builds project A since it depends on many Apache projects and
is used by many Apache projects.  Do you prefer to take care of a
descriptor for it not knowing anything about A or to let the people
behind A maintain it?

Stefan