gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@lsd]: avalon/avalon failed
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 08:41:50 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> 1. Why doesn't it pick up Maven project descriptors instead, since
> to me it seems that most is available in that? Does it have to use
> Ant?

These are two different questions.

Maven project descriptors may contain all information that Gump needs,
but there are some discontinuities.  For example, the names for the
projects Maven and Gump use may be different.  AFAIU Maven has a gump
goal that can generate Gump descriptors from Maven project
descriptors.

"Traditional" Gump cannot deal with Maven builds at all, and will
probably never learn it since the way to go is the Python rewrite of
Gump.  "Python" Gump has some initial support for Maven in addition to
Ant and scripts, but it is not completely there yet.

Cheers

        Stefan