gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Avalon build (was Re: last night build on lsd)
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:01:24 GMT
On Mon, 01 Mar 2004, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Antoine Lévy-Lambert <antoine@antbuild.com>
> wrote:
>
>> 3) avalon is still failing on gumpy,
>
> This is extremely strange.
>
> I started out by removing my avalon directory to be sure I'd get a
> clean run - and it fails when I invoke "./build.sh avalon dist".
> Maybe rsync hasn't been cleaning out the avalon working copy
> completely?

I think I'm on the right track now.

avalon/target is in .cvsignore and since we use rsync's -C switch
doesn't ever get cleaned out when doing an rsync.

Both my and gump.covalent.net's installations have the missing classes
in target/classes from an old compilation that has never been cleaned
out.

The directories in Avalon's gump descriptors are more or less all
wrong, nobody evere uses target/api-classes but the classes get
compiled to api/target/classes.  And so on ...

I'm currently iteratively working towards a correct list of
directories needed and will provide a patch against the current
descriptor so that it is going to work.

Stefan