gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: gump/project jakarta-jmeter.xml
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:49:11 GMT
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Adam R. B. Jack <ajack@trysybase.com> wrote:

> Could you and/or Stefan explain what <noclasspath/> is meant to do,

We have projects A and B.  To build B I want to request that A has
been built, but I really don't care for its output.  I just want to
influence the build order, that's all.  In that case I'd use

<depend project="A"><noclasspath/></depend>

in B's descriptor.

> and why it is wanted?

No idea, really.

Most likely building A has side-effects that I'm interested in.  But
at least in "traditional" the construct above will start the build of
B even if building of A has failed.  That means that I have no
guarantee that the side-effect has actually been achieved.

> Doing this via the xdocs would be appreciated...

tomorrow ;-)

Stefan