gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven support - the ids
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:11:01 GMT
On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Adam R. B. Jack <ajack@trysybase.com> wrote:

>> The Maven Gump plugin already knows all the necessary
>> transformations, so it would probably wise to simply reuse
>>
> <http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven-plugins/gump/src/plugin-resources/m
> aven2gump.properties>
>> in Gump's Maven integration part.
>
> Sorry, what are you suggesting?

I was under the (wrong) expression that Gumpy would parse Maven's
project.xml instead of using a Gump descriptor and had difficulties to
map the project names.

> As I see it, the main issue is artefact ids for projects that Gump
> builds (likely using ant) that do not have a Maven equivalent build,
> so perhaps not 'artefact id' in Maven.

Any idea how the Maven Gump plugin deals with it?  I'd assume it will
simply make the project depend on the pther project without specifying
any ids - and thus get all the jars.

But you need an id to specify the jat name override, right?

If this is a the problem, then we'll need Brett's help, I assume.

How does the repository effort address this?  Does it address this at
all?

Stefan