gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trying to get Gumpy running ...
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:00:38 GMT
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Adam R. B. Jack <ajack@trysybase.com> wrote:

> Does it make you feel better that this part ought not take much
> longer when you do the whole thing? ;-)

I realized that when I did something more complex.  The overhead og
Gumpy over the pure build time is a constant 30 minutes on my box.

The other issue I've found quite inconvenient was that integrate
synced away quite a few directories.  I wanted to do the equivalent of
./build.sh some-project in "traditional" Gump after changing some
project descriptors.  This would simply rebuild some-project in
place.  If I do the same with integrate, it will also rebuild all
project that some-project depends upon.  What's even worse, it also
synced jakarta-commons deleting all the prebuilt commons components
that some-project did not depend upon.

I guess that I've just used the wrong tool here and should have used
build.py instead of integrate.py.  The again I'm not sure whether
build.py would have picked up my descriptor changes.

Is there a Python equivalent of gen.sh merge step?  I.e. regenerate
the working data set from all Gump descriptors but don't do anything
else?

Stefan