gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject running gump tests
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2004 21:12:28 GMT
Hi gang!

trying to learn something about unit testing python software...

   [lsimons@lsd /data3/gump/gump-install]$ export \
     PYTHONPATH=/data3/gump/gump-install/python/
   [lsimons@lsd /data3/gump/gump-install]$ sh gumpytest.sh

(...)

   INFO:gump:Performed [29] tests with [15] issues.

I tried running this as ajack too, which resulted in

   INFO:gump:Performed [66] tests with [1] issues.

yet the output included lots of statements like

   ERROR:gump:Failed to download [http://no_such_url_to_test_missing].
   Details: [Errno socket error] (-2, 'Name or service not known')

* Is this to be expected?
* How am I supposed to run these tests on my local machine?
* Do I need a profile or anything like that set up?
* Are there fancy python equivalents to stuff like junitreport and
   clover for python?
* Are there docs that answer these Qs somewhere?

--
thanks for your patience, and g'night!

- Leo Simons