gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: Gump Sandbox
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:47:45 GMT
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> Basically, I think we need a way for folks to get hands on with Gump without
> risking nightly builds. Thoughts?

I agree. I find it a bit scary as well to make changes, especially since
I know how limited my python skills are...I really miss the confidence a
unit test suite gives. Need to get a little bit of my try-and-see PHP
hacker mentality back ;)

I suggest we mark one full gump installation as UNSTABLE and one
installation as TESTING. Every now and then (as in, whenever significant
development bits are complete), we select a particular well-working
UNSTABLE, tag CVS, and update the TESTING machine with that.

Failure notifications (not nags :D) are sent from the TESTING machine only.

I also think two levels of cascade is enough for now. We don't really
need a STABLE.

Note we don't really need two machines for this (we could have two
installs living side by sides), but since we do have two (moof and
brutus), we might as well, since we could limit access to the TESTING
one a little more.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons