gump-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About ForrestCocoon was: Gump Thrashing/Spinning...
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:02:17 GMT
Adam Jack wrote:
>>Forrest uses cocoon  (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/)
>>Which is a servlet that does xml pipelines
>>XML -> transform -> transform --> xml (or whatever) out.
>>Along with caching all kinds of other cool stuff.
>>That is what you get when you use the "forrest run"  command
>>
>>Because many, many of our pages are never visited this might actually
>>reduce the computational load.
>
> Yup, seems highly likely. It also means that if Forrest barfs on a certain
> page we still get access to the other pages.

Forrest can use simple HTML if you save it as *.ihtml

My suggestion would be to generate a Forrest usable site with ihtml
pages using cheetah, and then publish it so that a dynamic Forrest can
show it nicely skinned.

This way we get the best of all:

1 - use templates
2 - can see pages without running Forrest
3 - don't even need to run static Forrest

             - verba volant, scripta manent -