gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: fog factor
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 06:31:33 GMT

          == Getting some clarity into a clouded issue... ==

The amount of debate I've seen about the fog factor by far outweighs the
amount of debate about other stuff that's probably more important. It
seems to be a controversial issue (or it could be a bikeshed argument,
but I don't believe it is).

As to Nick's argument, I'll assert that we don't know what exactly it is
that FOG measures. Which would be required before improving things.

We can't even measure whether FOG is "causing more harm than good". But
we can measure that it is controversial (because there's lots of talk
about it).

I think it's best if gump is not too controversial, so I agree with
Stefano that we should disable fog factoring (or publishing of it at
least) for now.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons