gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: [RT] href considered harmful
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:27:32 GMT
Scott Sanders wrote:
>>Descriptors living elsewhere has proven to be confusing for users, and
>>it has led to duplicate project descriptors on more than one occassion.
>
> What about projects which do not contain an apache committer?
>
>>I suggest we move to strike and loudly proclaim descriptors not living
>>in gump CVS as harmful. Their use needs to be *strongly* discouraged
>>from now on. Who's with me?
>
> I am +1 for apache projects, since our cvs is open to all committers, but
> how do we handle others?

that's the next step, on which I have some ideas ("run a seperate, less
safe, svn installation for gump meta" is one, "provide a webapp" is
another), but nothing concrete yet. Do you have any ideas?

Note I didn't actually suggest any implementation changes (like, "remove
GOTO from the language")...yet. I just pointed at a problem :D

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons