gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: Gump descriptor location
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:47:46 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Monday 15 March 2004 16:47, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>>One reason why the Avalon descriptors are in Avalon modules (they've
>>moved back and force a few times) has been, that whoever moved them
>>there hoped the avalon community would take ownership of them.
>
> The only one who seems to have been bothered is LSD himself, and is now
> retiring from Avalon (termporarily everyone hopes :o)  )...

:-D

> Gump has not been seen as a friend, perhaps due to the build process is
> complex enough without it, and the community is really struggling to have all
> the bits in sync with itself.
> I think that unacceptable, hence trying to clean all of it up.

In my experience, this will only work if everyone chimes in and helps
maintain things (I grew to dislike doing it all by myself very much).
Don't do it by yourself (that's something PeterD did for avalon for a
long time, and I basically took over when he left). Gump integration is
more about a social process than about technology. Everyone needs to
care. Slap people in the face (gently :-D) when they don't fix the
things they break.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons