gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: gumpy memory size
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:50:55 GMT
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> I'm watching a Gumpy run, and it's memory usage is minute in comparison:
>
> 18013 ajack     16   0 24116 5324  1028 S     1.3  0.5   3:20   0 python

that's neat. I haven't been monitoring very closely, but it seems that
gumpy is doing much better now. Less garbage processes as well. The
other night gumpy was running in parallel with X and a playing XMMS (mp3
player), and it finished before 9:00am.

>>last night's run is still running (that's about 14 hours). Memory
>>usage...454mb:
>>  1642 ajack     30  15  454M 201M  154M R N   1.5 80.7  34:08   0 python
>>do we have a memory leak somewhere?
>
> Could it be that Gumpy was niced so low that Python's garbage collection
> loop (I assume it has one) wasn't kicking in? Long shot, but I wonder.

hum. I actually decreased gump's priority (from 10 to 15) a while back
in your crontab. Maybe that did the trick ;)

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons