gump-general mailing list archives

From Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Moving gump forward
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:42:15 GMT

On Mar 9, 2004, at 2:27 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> BTW: I suspect that <gump could implemented by writting the ant
>> script on the fly w/o us having to reinvent the wheel.
>
> See the antgump proposal in Alexandria - maybe Scott can chime in
> here?

My latest try was vindico, an ant-based gump.  I got far enough to see
things building and so on, but not far enough to do the project.xml
override/inheritance.  I do believe it was a viable model, the biggest
issue being that I was still using java products to build java
products, and Sam had warned me about these types of things.  I only
stopped because Adam had started pushing more and more code into Gumpy,
and I liked the idea of using non-Java to build Java.  That, and he was
coding much more than I was :)

In short, there are a couple of gotchas with an ant-based gump, but I
think it is completly doable.  My other ambitions with vindico were
more what we are talking about today: doing history on all builds,
trying to find who to blame (usually 1 side of a 2-sided interface),
moving more toward some type of continuous integration, federation of
gumps (so that I am only building 4 projects), etc.

Scott